SAN FRANCISCO (GaeaTimes.com) -- After the success of iAd network in the United States, Apple has decided to launch its mobile networking in to the European markets.
LONDON - Salman Rushdie, the prize-winning Indian-born writer, has in the past based novels on the politics of India and Pakistan.
LONDON - Salman Rushdie says he turned to the world of video games for inspiration for his new book, "Luka and the Fire of Life." The writer says he wrote the book for his 13-year-old son.
GENEVA - A Swiss organization has awarded Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales 100,000 Swiss francs ($104,000) for "democratizing the access to knowledge." The Im Grueene Foundation said Friday the free online encyclopedia "revolutionized the access to knowledge as man's most important resource" because it allows users to also be contributors.
LONDON - Vodafone is spending $9.7 million to buy two firms specializing in managing telecom expenses.
- WikiLeaks chief lashes out at media during debate
- IMDb turns 20 with a refreshed, video-full website
- Wikipedia co-founder: WikiLeaks was irresponsible
- Captains issue Twitter ban for Ryder Cup players
- US tech earnings drive world markets higher
- AP Interview: Wikipedia founder bullish on news
- UN official: BlackBerry data requests legitimate
- UK official decries video game with Taliban role
- BlackBerry users eye alternatives as curbs loom
- BlackBerry users mull effect as service curbs loom
- Reporters Without Borders: WikiLeaks was reckless
- WikiLeaks preparing to release more Afghan files
- Human rights groups ask WikiLeaks to censor files
- British patients click online to see doctor
- WikiLeaks posts huge encrypted file to Web
- Meat from cloned cow offspring in UK food chain
- Stocks up on AstraZeneca, Bayer, telecom earns
- BSkyB Q4 net profit up nearly fourfold
- 'World's oldest tweeter' Ivy Bean dies at 104
- WikiLeaks: We don't know source of leaked data
- British royals expand online presence with Flickr
- Raytheon unveils Scorpion helmet technology
- Premier League using technology for player ratings
- Extra officials expanded to Champions League
- World markets awaiting Bernanke testimony
- Apple lifts world markets; yen weighs on Nikkei
- FIFA confirms October agenda for goal-line tech
- Facebook Fan page for dead UK killer disappears
- UK Facebook users get link to child safety program
- Bad calls prompt FIFA to study high-tech ref help
- Upon further review, FIFA will study replay
- Bad-call blues: FIFA urged to allow video replay
- Octopus Paul predicts German win over England
- New iPhone selling briskly as thousands line up
- New iPhone selling briskly as hundreds line up