NEW YORK - The appointment of a German software executive as Hewlett-Packard Co.'s next CEO sends an unmistakable signal that the board of the world's largest technology company is prepared to gamble big on an aggressive push into the software business.
SAN FRANCISCO - Hewlett-Packard Co.'s settlement with ousted CEO Mark Hurd clears the way for him to lead Oracle Corp.
SAN FRANCISCO - Hewlett-Packard Co. reached a settlement Monday with its former CEO that requires him to relinquish about $14 million in stock in exchange for the all-clear to work for rival Oracle Corp.
SAN FRANCISCO - Mark Hurd, the ousted CEO of Hewlett-Packard Co., has settled a lawsuit brought by his former employer that sought to stop him from working at rival Oracle Corp.
SAN FRANCISCO - Oracle CEO Larry Ellison steered clear Sunday of the brouhaha surrounding his most contentious new employee - ousted Hewlett-Packard CEO Mark Hurd - at a conference for developers and customers.
- Oracle's net swells 20 pct amid Hurd hiring hubbub
- Oracle's quarterly numbers to show Sun moves
- Hurd's Oracle gig: Is Ellison perk or problem?
- HP sues ex-CEO Hurd over new job at rival Oracle
- HP sues ex-HP CEO Hurd over new job at Oracle
- Oracle names ex-HP CEO Mark Hurd co-president
- AP source: Oracle, ex-HP CEO Hurd in talks for job
- Dell's enterprise challenge remains after 3Par
- HP vs Dell: the showdown that ended in spectacle
- Data duel: HP tries to outbid rival Dell for 3Par
- HP makes $1.5B bid for 3Par, topping Dell's offer
- Oracle sues Google for patent infringement
- HP reaches settlement with DOJ in kickbacks case
- Digital River names former Autodesk CFO to board
- Ahead of the Bell: Oracle earnings
- Oracle's net jumps 25 pct in first full Sun qtr
- Oracle's net jumps 25 pct on Sun, software bump
- Hewlett-Packard spends $1.6M on 1Q lobbying
- Oracle is Planning More Layoff after Acquisition Of Sun Micro
- Oracle cutting more Sun jobs
- Agilysys cuts 4Q outlook on weak Sun product sales
- Oracle to buy Phase Forward for $685 million
- Serious Java Flaws Unearthed
- Oracle spent $1.05M lobbying in last 2009 quarter
- Oracle profit slips, but software revenue rises
- HP names Peter Galanis as CEO of Canada operations
- EU: 100 million Microsoft users to choose browser
- Sun CEO leaves post with a post: a haiku tweet
- Oracle CEO: about 1,000 layoffs planned for Sun
- Oracle completes acquisition of Sun Microsystems
- Report: Oracle to hire 2,000 after Sun buy
- EU clears Oracle takeover of Sun
- Summary Box: Oracle earnings up, optimistic on Sun
- Oracle expects EU to approve Sun deal next month
- Key dates in EU antitrust action against Microsoft