HONG KONG - Google's future in China is "very uncertain" after it pulled its search engine from the country in a dispute over restrictions on freedom of information, a company official said Wednesday.
BEIJING - Google is hiring dozens of marketing and technical employees in China to defend a shrinking market share against local rivals after closing its Chinese search engine six months ago this Wednesday in a dispute over censorship.
SHENZHEN, China - Young workers who normally spend their days assembling iPhones and other high-tech gadgets packed a stadium at their massive campus Wednesday, waving pompoms and shouting slogans at a rally to raise morale following a string of suicides at the company's heavily regimented factories.
BEIJING - A Google question-and-answer page for Chinese users was inaccessible from mainland China on Tuesday less than a month after the search giant's Internet license was renewed amid a dispute over online censorship.
SAN FRANCISCO - Google Inc. triggered a false alarm Thursday by posting a notice that its search engine and several other services had been cut off from mainland China - a key market where the company has been locked in a high-profile battle over online censorship.
- Google says search cut off from mainland China
- World stocks rise as Apple result aids tech sector
- Asia stocks rise as Apple result lifts tech sector
- Summary Box: China says Google complies with law
- Official: Google's China changes in line with law
- China confirms it renewed Google operating license
- China renews Google's operating license
- Google wins permission to keep website in China
- China renews Google license amid censorship row
- Google says Beijing renews China net license
- Google says China partially blocks search service
- Google scrambles to save Internet license in China
- Blackbaud opening office in Hong Kong
- European stocks rise amid upbeat corporate news
- European stocks rise amid corporate deal-making
- Strikes put China on spot over labor unrest
- China wage hikes boost costs but might help sales
- Asian stocks rise on easing Europe debt worries
- Asian stocks down early, bucking Wall Street trend
- Google: Online attacks aimed at Vietnam's critics
- Google service disruption bodes ill for Chinese
- Journalists in China say Yahoo accounts hacked
- Google deals in doubt amid spat with Beijing
- Google still censoring for some China customers
- Summary Box: Google's tussle with China censorship
- China thwarts Google's detour around censorship
- An explanation of Google's moves in China
- Ahead of the Bell: Baidu upgraded at Kaufman
- Google's action angers China, divides Web users
- Internet firm in China stops using Google services
- China media accuse Google of violating promises
- Google ends 4 years of censoring the Web for China
- Google ends China censorship with Hong Kong shift
- Google tries a route around Chinese Web censorship
- China to bid on US high-speed rail projects