As Americans scrutinize every purchase, merchants are making sure to stock up on holiday gifts that are either practical or offer an affordable way to splurge.
NEW YORK - The Christmas shopping season doesn't kick off for another six weeks, but retailers already are signaling they're prepared to discount aggressively to entice shoppers still skittish about spending.
SAN FRANCISCO - Just because Yahoo Inc.'s U.S.
CLEVELAND - An Ohio woman says she discovered her husband had married another woman when she found photos of the wedding on Facebook.
- Party like it's 2005: E3 parties return to excess
- Eyes flashing, robot conducts wedding in Tokyo
- Pot smokers out in nation, proud for high holiday
- Pot smokers out, proud for 4/20 high holiday
- Conan's lone Twitter followee: 'It's totally nuts'
- Innovation brews at Viennese coffeehouses
- GPS-led travel goes amiss; 3 Ore. parties rescued
- EBay: holiday cell phone shopping up threefold
- EBay: holiday cell phone shopping up fourfold
- Been away from the airport? A lot has changed
- Holiday Shopping Notebook: At the VERY last minute
- Cost-cutting Yahoo to close offices for holidays
- Obama reads to kids, gets foosball challenge
- Christmas Web sales spike after snowstorm
- Astronauts set for Christmas space mission
- Holiday Shopping Notebook: Snuggie heats up
- White House Christmases: mistletoe and chain saws
- Gift Guide: High-tech happiness for $100 or less
- Gift Guide: Touch and Windows 7 in fresh PC lineup
- Holiday Web shopping looks brighter than last year
- Relax without getting the ax; Fewer turkey naps
- Google's Chrome OS to be ready for 2010 holidays
- Retailers use social media to advertise deals
- $25 or under gifts that say 'I thought about you'
- TechBits package
- On The Call: AMD COO mum on holiday PC demand
- PC shipments gain in 3Q, a good sign for holidays
- Tokyo Game Show kicks off with turnaround hopes
- For the jobless, Labor Day is hardly a holiday
- NYC cupcakes: Bakeries, cafes, a hotel and a truck
- Business Highlights
- Microsoft: Windows 7 on track for holiday sales
- Ghost hunters inspect 180-year-old NM hotel site
- Microsoft's Windows 7 test implies holiday launch