How to Return Windows Live Messenger Icon to Notification Area In Windows 7By Partho, Gaea News Network
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Things have changed in WIndows 7 from Windows Vista and Windows XP. MSN Live Messenger icon is no-more in notification area. The main button for Messenger window now appears in Taskbar along with all conversation or chat windows. The thumbnail shows two confusing Messenger windows. Terrible! Especially, if you are used to the classic style. So how do you revert to the classic one?
To get back the good old classic style with the main window represented in the system tray, perform a trick. For the hack you’ll need to run WLM in Windows Vista compatibility mode in Windows 7. Here’s the clue how?
Just follow the steps below and you are done
- Step 1: RIght click on the WLM icon on Taskbar and click Exit
- Step 2: Open Start button and locate the WLM shortcut.
- Step 3: Right click on the WLM shortcut or executable. Go to the properties and click it.
- Step 4: Search for Compatibility tab
- Step 5: Find the check box reading Run this program in compatibility mode. Tick it.
- Step 6 : Look into the drop down list and select the Windows Vista
- Step 7: Click Ok
- Step 8: Run the WLM
Now you have got back you classic style, you are comfortable with. Enjoy chatting.
Anyway, if you are interested in reading more Windows 7 features and hacks, you must read our 10 Top Windows 7 articles. Hey we also have a great Windows 7 up-to-date coverage for you. I am sure you will not want to miss them.
Tags: classic style, return Windows Live Messenger Icon to Notification Area, Things, Windows 7, Windows Live Messenger Icon, Windows Live Messenger in classic style, WLM, WLM in classic style