Translator Plugin Pro Version 4.0 UpdateBy Angsuman Chakraborty, Gaea News Network
Monday, November 20, 2006
We are working on Version 4.0 of Translator Plugin Pro for WordPress blogs. The key features we are focussing on are:
1. Multi-lingual support. Translator 4.0 will support blogs written in non-English languages.
2. Additional Translation Engine. We are adding a new translation engine with this release. It offers additional choice of languages as well as additional translation capability. The quality looks good in preliminary tests.
3. Objective evaluation of different translation engine for each language combination. I will publish the results as well as the procedure used for these tests.
4. Localize strings to better support blogs in non-English languages. The language packs for other language may not be available in this release. However users are free to create them.
5. Translation even for protected blogs. Translator 4.0 will be able to translate even password protected blogs and pages, accessing the documents with the same privilege as the requester.
6. Better caching engine. We are working on a better caching engine, much better than WordPress 2.x object caching engine, for Translator 4.0. This feature may not be included in 4.0 release due to time constraint.
Are there any features you would like to prioritize for 4.0 release?
Note: Translator Plugin Pro provides automatic machine translation of your blog in several languages (at least 8; we are adding more in 4.0) including but not limited to German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean and Chinese. You get all of your blog pages instantly available in translated format as soon as you create them, making your blog available to a much wider audience. Each of these translated pages are on your site just like your original pages, indexed by all major search engines, including but not limited to Google, Yahoo & MSN. Check out customer testimonials for this product and support.