Sun Restricts MySQL Query Analyzer Tool To Gold Subscribers OnlyBy Angsuman Chakraborty, Gaea News Network
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
The MySQL Query Analyzer tool monitors query performance and quickly pinpoints and corrects problems in SQL code. It promises to “turbo-boost” the speed and uptime of MySQL database applications. One software developers reported it tripled his performance.
The tool is integrated into the MySQL Enterprise Monitor, a key part of Sun’s MySQL Enterprise subscription offering.
Subscriptions, as usual, go for $599 to $4,999 per server per year. The gold level costs $2,999 a year. An unlimited site-wide subscription starts at $40,000 a year.
The query analyzer becomes commercially available in December. You can get 30-day trial subscription of MySQL Enterprise, the paid commercial subscription offering, here. It includes:
- MySQL Query Analyzer to improve performance by pinpointing and fixing problem SQL code
- MySQL Enterprise Monitor to monitor MySQL performance, sessions, connections, and more
- MySQL Replication Monitor that provides real-time information on master/slave performance and latency issues
- MySQL Advisors to implement security, performance, replication and administration best practices
- 120+ Advisor Rules that advise you on optimal settings for 600+ MySQL and OS specific variables
You also get 2 free support incidents.
Tags: MySQL, MySQL Enterprise, MySQL Query Analyzer Tool