Open Source Software
You can install and run s3fs latest version (tested on 1.73) on CentOS 5.5.
Run the following command, after reading the notes below: sfdisk -d /dev/sda | sfdisk /dev/sdb Notes: 1.
Use dd with low buffer size: dd if=/dev/sda bs=1k of=/dev/sdb conv=sync,noerror Notes: 1.
dd, while an excellent tool to back drive / partition images, copies entire hard drive including unused blocks and even bad blocks (where possible).
a. Use gzip An example command: dd if=/dev/hda1 bs=1k conv=sync,noerror | gzip -c | ssh -c blowfish user@hostname "dd of=filename.gz bs=1k" Notes: 1.
- How to add a new partition to RAID array in Linux using mdadm
- How to remove a drive from RAID array in Linux using mdadm
- How to check symbolic link in Java and why Apache common.io.FileUtils implementation is wrong
- Chrome OS Sports Cloud Computing Architechture
- Indian IT Spend is Expected to Reach $72 Bn by 2011: Gartner
- Do You Think Facebook Can Defeat Google to Win the Net
- Google Chrome OS Runs Open Source
- Opera to Add Powerful Features in the Upcoming Version
- Deterministic Parallel Java, an Extension of Java Improves Development of Parallel Apps
- Linux Foundation Launches Open Compliance Program
- Distinguo Software: Search Engine to Find Content by Meaning
- How to fix: jre/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so: libXtst.so.6: cannot open shared object file - Java Error on Linux
- How to remove i386 packages from CentOS / Fedora / RHEL installation
- How to disable IPv6 on CentOS 5.5
- How to install sar, sadf, mpstat, iostat, pidstat and sa tools on CentOS / Fedora / RHEL
- Top 10 Linux Security Tips for System Administrators
- 3 Effective MySQL Performance Optimization Tips for MyISAM Storage Engine (Optimizes WordPress performance too)
- Top 5 Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software for Small to Medium-sized Businesses (SMB)
- How to develop Cloud Computing Infrastructure In-house with Open Source Software
- Review of Open Source xTuple ERP Postbook Edition
- Top 7 Open Source Applications for Enterprise
- Is “Google Go” Going to be the Next “C” Language?
- Does the Location Based Service Foursquare Get More Popular than Twitter?
- How to Install and Configure DKIM On Postfix With dkim-milter (2.8.x) on 64 bit CentOS 5
- CentOS 5.4 : Synergy-Plus Crashing / Hanging on Linux Fixed
- How to configure Java / Javac on Linux
- Review of GlusterFS - Distributed Filesystem
- EU drops Microsoft browser charges
- Obama calls for new ideas for creating jobs
- 10 Good Reasons To Use Google Wave for Business
- Why Open Source Business Models Are Dead-End Streets
- Solution: WordPress Nice Permalinks Not Working With Apache
- Windows Control Panel Equivalent on Linux
- EU objects to Oracle's takeover of Sun
- 10 Best Open Source ERP Software