How to Download and Save YouTube Videos from YouTube OnlyBy Angsuman Chakraborty, Gaea News Network
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Yes, you heard it right. Today I will tell you a trick by which you can save a youtube video from youtube only. No other software, no other website for your help. Its a very easy process but a minute one in detail. So, without further ado, let me tell you how.
- Type in about:cache in your address bar and press enter.
- You will see Disk cache device as an option. The cache directory will be listed there. Copy it. It will be something like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\soumya\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\soumya.default\Cache
[Note: soumya will be replaced by your acc. name as is obvious]
- Now go to Start - Run , type explorer and hit enter. You will get the windows explorer.
- Paste the copied address in the Windows explorer address bar and hit enter. You will see hundreds of unrecognized files of different sizes.
- Go to View ->Arrange Icons By ->Modified so the most recent file is listed at the bottom of the file list or at the top depending upon your settings.
- Minimize the window as it is.
- Now go back to Firefox and open Youtube.com. Find the video you want to see and start watching it. You will see a fading red line is progressing quicker than the original track progress. That is storing the video you want to see, locally. Now when it has reached the completion (And I assume, the video bar has quite a few seconds left to finish) unminimize the Windows folder and click on refresh or press F5.
- You will see some newly added files as you refresh. One out of them will have a large enough size beside its name which makes us believe that its the video file of what you saw just now. The size, inaccurately will be around the range of 40-50 times bigger than the other newly modified files.
- Right-click the file and select Rename. Rename the file whatever you want and add the extension .FLV at the end.
Now play it using any flv player and if everything is okay, you have your video being played without any external support and you did it all by yourself. Congrats.
Feel free to add your comment. And if you are wondering, yes it works for other online video showing services also. Enjoy.
Tags: Download youtube videos, how to download youtube videos, Youtube, youtube videos without software download