Top 10 Video Sharing Websites Other Than YouYubeBy Partho, Gaea News Network
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
With the rage for getting more sociable on web, sharing photos, albums and videos has gathered momentum. No doubt when we are taking video sharing Google’s YouTube is an obvious choice. But, there are some impressive rivals which are not merely replicas but add some twists to enhance your experience. While choosing a video sharing sites you need to take care of the video quality and embedded player design. We went for an extensive research to filter out the best sites where you can share your videos online, apart from YouTube.
When you are talking about video quality, Blip.tv is the one stop shop choice. It allows you to stream the original high quality file. Moreover, you can upload videos captured by your camera on Blip.tv by attaching the video to email message. The videos are excellent for playing on iPod and cell phone playbacks. It also offers optional revenue sharing.
Metacafe is the perfect site for independent producer looking for profit, as it pays you for posting videos. The site uses algorithmic filters to select the top videos, only a few of which appears on the site. Metacafe finds an edge over TouTube, since it has no duplicates. The site is well organized and offers all sorts of videos in different categories. Especially the content in Metcafe is great.
Although for using DivX Stage6 you would need a standard account, it the best place to upload high-definition video. Stage6 is run by creators of DivX and you need to convert your video into DivX format before uploading them. You have the link for conversion within the site. What’s more, uploading is blazing fast with the files compressed in DivX format.
The video sharing site scores high for its charming design and easy-to-use interface. It features a customizable embeddable player and allows you to download the original file that you uploaded. On the darker side, Vimeo allows its users to just download video and not stream it. For the upload limit you are restricted to videos of size 250MB.
Dailymotion adopts a no frills approach towards video sharing. It highlights newscasts, commercial and short films. Dailymotion has strict content guidelines that forbid copywrited, pornographic, racist and violent videos that offend human dignity. In Dailymotion you can share video via Webcam, mobile phone, Dailymotion’s Website, or via email.
It’s a vast repository of videos that collects videos from other video sharing websites. In Revver you can sort the movies as most watched, editor’s pick and recently added. Revver offers a clear and easy to navigate interface. This is again a video sharing site that offers you money for uploading videos. In Revver you earn 20 percent of the revenue, the remaining 80 percent is shared between the video’s creator and Revver.
The key appeal of Videoegg is the painless uploading of video in any format you like. In order to upload you would require download an application. With Videoegg you can directly post videos to eBay, Blogger, and Typepad. Further, it provide you an URl to email the videos. But, it’s poor with editing allowing only trimming in the beginning and end. It’s ideal for
Eyespot offers you the ability to add music, transitions, stock video, and effects. With all that you can remix and send the best work to share it. Eyespot is strict with file size restrictions, and its distribution options. But, it allows you the freedom to publish directly to Blip.tv and Veoh. You will always be satisfied with the access as its real fast. Uploading straight and painless but you are allowed not more than 25MB filesize.
Veoh is highly praised for its unlimited distribution capacity for full-screen, TV-grade video content available to anyone with a broadband connection, including high-definition videos. The editing functions with Veoh are basic ones, but it offers cleaner distribution options with just cut and paste code.
10. AOL Video
This is a popular video sharing destination on Internet. It offers video search, mobile uploading, and several distribution options. AOL could be alleged for its limitations of storage space and non-standard privacy features. It’s already has a significant web-presence, it’s just capitalizing on its followers.
Tags: online video sharing site, Video sharing, Video sharing site, Youtube