Best 11 Google Nexus One FeatureBy Dipankar Das, Gaea News Network
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
We have been listening Google Nexus news in a big way for the last couple of weeks. It is good to know that people have already started planning to buy this handsome gadget. Google Nexus is considered the fastest and most elegant smartphone on the market today, solidly beating the iPhone in most ways. We found the following features to justify why Google Nexus is a big hype now a days.
- Nexus One is the first smartphone that is going to use the latest Google Android 2.1 operating system. We can expect faster performance, an improved look and better memory management of the smartphone.
- The Nexus One features the 1Ghz Snapdragon CPU which is the the most powerful Android phone yet. Up until now, most Android phones have used a processor running at around the 500Mhz mark. It doesn’t mean that Nexus one will run twice faster. But, definitely, the performance is going to get improved. It can handle the Nexus One’s 3D graphics, multiple applications running in the background and heavy browser use simultaneously.
- Google smartphone has 3.7 inch 480 x 800 OLED capacitive touchscreen. This is the best mobile phone display on the market today, far better than the iPhone’s 480 x 320 display.
- Google have included Google Earth in the Nexus one. If you are used with the Google Map, then Google Earth is a mind blowing application. You can have a nice rendering of the world like your desktop version that includes 3D navigation, terrain views and superb renderings.
- CoolIris is a free plugin for Firefox, Safari and IE that lets you search your PC’s pics, pics on Facebook and Flickr, and even videos on YouTube, in a free flowing 3D wall of media. Google Nexus incorporates this plugin with the smartphone. Now, using CoolIris, you will be able to see your pics in an interactive free flowing 3D wall.
- Nexus is only 11.1mm thick and that makes it one of the slimmest smartphones around. Compare that to the 13.7mm of the Milestone, the 12.3mm of the iPhone 3GS and the 14.4mm of the Hero and other phones.
- The phone comes with 5 megapixel camera with a flash, GPS receiver, Bluetooth and Wi fi capabilities. The macro and low light modes of the camera are excellent and you take great indoors shots.
- Google Nexus One phone will sell in two ways: unlocked (unsubsidized) and locked with T-Mobile. Google will sell the mobile device unlocked and unsubsidized for $530, and Google will sell it by themselves.
The other option is the subsidized one. Customers will have to sign up for a 2 year mandatory contract and pay the initial $180 for the phone. So, subscribers have both of the options. They can choose according to their need.
- The Nexus One uses an AMOLED screen that offers very high quality contrast and black levels. The only other Android phone that offers this type of feature is the Samsung Galaxy, which uses a significantly smaller screen.
- The other interesting feature of the phone is Google Voice Recognition that the company already demonstrated during the launch. It has the ability to perform voice recognition while doing other things simultaneously.
- The user interface is very refined and superfast among all other Android phones. You will get an animated feel with icon zoom in and zoom out features.
Tags: 3D, Amoled, Android, Cooliris, Firefox, Google, Google Earth, iPhone, Nexus one, smartphone, Snapdragon, Youtube