Cloud Computing Helps Economic GrowthBy Dipankar Das, Gaea News Network
Monday, July 26, 2010
Cloud computing helps organizations recover from the existing global economic downturn. The revelation is from an annual study conducted by Savvis, Inc., a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises. 68% IT firms and business decision makers joined the survey. Vanson Bourne, another international research firm, conducted a survey on more than 600 IT and business decision makers across the United States, United Kingdom and Singapore. The findings underscores the fact to do more with less budget and demand for lower cost, more flexible IT provisioning.
“Flexibility and pay-as-you-go elasticity are driving many of our clients toward cloud computing,” said Bryan Doerr, chief technology officer at Savvis. “However, it’s important, especially for our large enterprise clients, to work with an IT provider that not only delivers cost savings, but also tightly integrates technologies, applications and infrastructure on a global scale.”
Most of the decision makers say that cloud computing can lower the IT budget by an average 15%.. Some respondents expect to save IT by 40%. 76% of the business decision makers responds that they can not implement or develop new projects for the huge cost associated with IT.
The key findings of Global Research Firm is :
- 96% decision makers are more confident to implement cloud computing across the enterprise than they were in 2009.
- 70% of the decision makers have plan to use enterprise-class cloud within two years.
- The most benefit of cloud computing is the ability to scale resources as per the demand and that influences cloud adoption in the U.S. (30 percent) and Singapore (42 percent).
- However, 52% of the respondents who never used cloud have concern for cloud computing in terms of security issue. Nevertheless, 73 percent of all respondents want cloud providers to fully manage security or to fully manage security whenever there is a configuration change request from the client.
- Seventy-nine percent of the IT decision makers say that cloud is straightforward way to integrate with corporate systems.
Tags: Cloud Computig, IT security, recession, Research Firm