Airtel Ties up with Microsoft and Nivio for the World’s First Windows-based Online DesktopBy Angsuman Chakraborty, Gaea News Network
Monday, February 16, 2009
Have we seen enough from the technology? Not at all. In this quest to proceed further, Bharti Airtel has signed exclusive agreements to make the world’s first Windows based Online Desktop-powered by Microsoft and Nivio. With this one, AIrtel wants people to breathe in computers and broadband synonymously. This is really an important milestone not only because its first but also it rests the potential to usher in the era of broadband boon throughout India and not just a handful of people.
This service will be available to all Airtel broadband customers across 95 cities in the country and backed by 24×7 customer care from Airtel. The features of Airtel’s Online Desktop are:
- 5 GB space to store documents, photos, music, presentations, software at a central place
- The freedom of accessing your data anywhere, anytime
- Anti-Virus protection.
- Original and latest software on a rental basis - pay as you go
- Reduced IT infrastructure cost with no cost of CPU
- Unified billing with service usage included in monthly Airtel broadband bill
Bharti Airtel president for telemedia services Atul Bindal said that,
All our customers have IT requirements. They are looking at three aspects - security , storage and software and we can offer all these along with connectivity
- For Rs. 99 per month, customers get 5 GB of online storage space
- At Rs. 199 per month for the Retail Pack, customers get 5 GB of online storage space, free Anti Virus protection, Windows-based operating system, automatic backup -accessible from anywhere in the world
- Specially-tailored Professional and Business Packs at Rs. 399 and Rs. 699 per month respectively that provide a Windows-based Operating System and MS Office.
[Information and content source: enterpriser.in]
Tags: Airtel, first windows based online pc, Microsoft, Nivio, windows based online pc