Free.Tv iTunes App: 5 Reasons why You Better not Try it as YetBy Angsuman Chakraborty, Gaea News Network
Saturday, February 28, 2009
CBS Mobile has introduced a new free app into the iTunes App store that streams a selection of its TV.com content onto the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch. So that means you can actually make your iPhone a living TV with the CBS’ Entertainment, Sports, and News divisions, plus snippets from additional CBS properties such as CNET TV, GameSpot, The CW, and others. And as theregister says, Youtube video is also features. But before you fall for it, here are some of the glitches that may raise your eyebrow.
1. Its for U.S. residents only. So if you are from anywhere other than U.S. sorry folks, its not yet yours.
2. Streaming works over Wi-Fi, 3G, and EDGE connection but anyway, people are complaining about the poor reception and quality of picture and sound.
3. There are more breaks in a serial than you can ever imagine. An 1 hour serial can take 7-8 breaks at the least because most of the episodes are divided into 9-10 minutes’ slot. So once you have seen the first ten minutes, wait for them to reload the second. Its more annoying than watching Paris Hilton’s another breaking news.
4. The search option is, to be very true, crappy. If you search for as simple as CSI, you can be taken to an incomprehensible search result which you never heard of but used to be aired!
5. Oh yes, and if you mark anything for favorite, good luck next time because, they may expire. Yes that is what they say.
So are there only glitches? No. not at all. You can shake and shuffle and watch random videos remembering with all those 5 glitches above. Its kindda fun to watch Star trek and just when you shuffle you get Britney Spears’ gossips. Lol.
Tags: 5 reasons why you better not watch free.tv itunes app, Britney spears, Free.tv, Free.Tv iTunes App, iTunes app, Paris, Star trek, Youtube