GoalsOnTrack.com Review: Free Online Goal Setting SoftwareBy Partho, Gaea News Network
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Goal setting software are on high demand for professional as well as personal needs. There are a number of goal setting software like the GoalPro 6.0, GoalMaker and more, but I was looking for a web based application that could handle the business and personal goals. This is what led me to the GoalsOnTrack.com by Vancouver IT Services. I picked this application at first instance, as it is a free web based application that can be accessed remotely and that it offered all-purpose to-do list management.
GoalsOnTrack.com is one of its kind goal-oriented web based application. The software has been designed to assist people in setting, tracking, and reaching personal and professional goals. This web based application keeps track of your progress towards the goal. The primary objective of this web application as it annunciates is getting things done.
Inside GoalsOnTrack.com you get a simple and intuitive web 2.0 style interface to work on. It can be used to set any type of goal like a fitness regime, getting a job, buying a home, or traveling around the globe. To get more about it let’s scan through the features
This web based application comes with exclusive features that can be categorized into three segments
The site doesn’t have any official documentation for setting goals and adding tasks in GoalsOnTrack. The users can figure out things with the intuitive interface. Here’s how you can work with the application
- First decide the goal or task. If its a short term venture then it’s a task. The users can also upload inspiring pictures for the goal.
- Break down the goals or tasks into sub-goals and sub-tasks.
- There is a Measure field for the goals that helps to track the progress made towards the goal. The user must enter the figures for completion of tasks in numbers such as 10 files, 100 documents etc. These values of completed tasks are added up to evaluate your real progress towards the goal. There are comprehensive graphs that indicates the progress of your goals.
- Use the time tracking feature to get the tasks completed within time. This feature can be used to track tasks that can be completed within 3 to 4 hours. For tasks of longer duration you have to break down the task into further segments.
To do list Management
The Dashboard highlights all the active goals. Further in this control panel like set up you can also see the current progress on all your goals. In the Stats Today shows the report for the total hours you worked and your progress according to the to-do-list.
Keep things on track
This feature in GoalsOnTrack.com allows you real time goal progress and time usage reports. This is the progress report for the week. The progress report highlights the real progress of the each active goal. The reports highlight the progress made each day, week, or longer periods. The goal status icon shows their progress with goal track, lagging or behind.
- The interface is simple and easy-to-use
- The comprehensive graphs provides a wider ambit for the progress.
- The progress reports allow feasible tracking of the goals.
- There are no official document in the site that provides the guide for using the site.
- The time tracking can’t exceed 3 or 4 hours and for more extensive tasks you need break down the tasks. That can be difficult when you are dealing with long term goals as this would necessitate a large number of shorter tasks.
Although, Goalsontrack.com doesn’t include high-end features of goal setting software, but it’s a great tool for fine tuning short-term goals and to-do management. More so, the features are enough as it’s available free. If you have used it or have something more to add, let me know.
Tags: Free Online Goal setting software, goal setting software, GoalsOnTrack.com, Things, Web application