iPhone 3.0 Software: What’s New, How to Install - Everything You need to KnowBy Angsuman Chakraborty, Gaea News Network
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
If you are seriously interested in iPhone 3.0 Firmware upgrade that was published this morning, you need to upgrade it right? Well without jailbreaks, its possible to upgrade to iphone 3.0. I will show you how to do it in just 5 mins. So don’t worry. let’s first see what are there in the iPhone 3.0 software update which is still in BETA phase mind you but well worth the use.
What’s New in iPhone 3.0
1. MMS: Thank god, at last MMS feature!
2. Cut, copy and pasting: If you have always wondered why there was never a c-c-p feature in iPhone now it is. With one touch of the screen, you can now copy text from emails, notes and websites and paste them into any application. You can also delete newly pasted data by shaking the iPhone and selecting the option from a pop-up window. Which is right from the Job’s books I guess.
3. P2P: This comes as a surprise but peer to peer technology can be used by iPhone developers from bluetooth, Wi-Fi etc. You can also play multi-player games with cool speed.
4. Third-party add-ons: Third party add-ons are given more value here. Glucometer et al will be a welcoming addition to iPhone 3.0. So will be for developers who can now log on to app store and make cool apps.
5. Spotlight: Searching gets more enhanced with iPhone 3.0. The users will be able to search their entire collection of applications and music, as well as email and notes.
6. Enhanced GPS: The true potential of iPhone’s GPS will be unlocked now. Thanks to the new turn by turn navigation.
How to Install the New iPhone 3.0 BETA Firmware
1 Sign up as a developer on https://developer.apple.com/iphone. You need to pay $99 to be a member of the developers group. if you are really interested to know about inside stuffs then that price is not too much I assure you. And again with the new developers’ store for iPhone 3.0, it will be cooler. You will also get access to a vast array of documentation, videos and code on the apple iPhone developers site.
2. Apple will take 24 hrs to upgrade your status. Now you need to download two things.
- Download the iPhone SDK if you haven’t already. Spare yourself of the trouble if you have an older version already installed.
- Download the DMG for the iPhone 3.0 Software
3. Open the DMG with the IPSW image. Open X-Code and find Organizer window. Plug in your iPhone and it should be up there, click on it.
4. In the place where it talks of software version, select other version and browse to your new DMG with IPSW image.
5. Press Restore (Its always good to have a backup of necessary files and contacts inside your iPhone before that)
6. Open iTunes when your iPhone restarts and it will activate again, allowing you to make calls etc.
You are done. Enioy after a restart.
Tags: Apple iPhone, Click, How to install iPhone 3.0 Software, Iphone 3.0, iPhone 3.0 Software, iPhone software, iTunes, MMS, Pop, Things, What, What's new in iPhone 3.0 Software