How to Backup an Entire Browsing Session in Firefox and Re-build it as Installable FileBy Angsuman Chakraborty, Gaea News Network
Monday, January 5, 2009
Just to give you the poor man’s Weave experience, here is a pretty useful add-on for Firefox 3, FEBE (Firefox Environment Backup Extension). It allows you to quickly and easily backup your Firefox extensions. In fact, it goes beyond just backing up — It will actually rebuild your extensions individually into installable .xpi files. Now you can easily synchronize your office and home browsers. This is gonna help them both- one who takes his office work at home or someone who gets time to do personal works at office while surfing.
* Schedule automatic backups on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
* Save backups in time-stamped folders to easily identify when the backups were created. Specify how many folders you wish to keep and FEBE removes the oldest.
* Backup reminder. FEBE can alert you if a backup has not been completed in a specified number of days.
* Comprehensive results report with links to the author’s extension/theme homepages.
* User-defined backups. Make backups of virtually any file or folder - Firefox related or not. Just specify what to backup and FEBE does the rest.
* Extensive built-in help files. Just click the little blue information icons in FEBE options.
* FEBE 6.0 uses native Firefox zip/unzip components. Much, much faster than previous FEBE versions that depended on external, third-party utilities.
* Upload backups to your Box.net account automatically or with a single click. (FEBE 6.0)
* Verify your extension directory. Upgrading to Fx 3.0 sometimes leaves garbage in the extensions directory. FEBE can clean it up. (FEBE 6.0)
* Quick Backup. You can quickly backup as many or as few individual extensions/themes as you like. They can be saved together in a single, installable xpi file (Similar to CLEO). (FEBE 6.0)
Tags: Fact, febe, Firefox add-on, firefox browing session