Firefox Add-on Speed Dial UpdatedBy Partho, Gaea News Network
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Now if there’s an advanced feature in any web browser, no sooner that turns into Firefox extension. Imitating Opera’s Speed Dial, Firefox got the Speed dial extension. But, it was not a full-fledged version, lacking certain cool features that makes Opera Spped dial so comfy. For instance, you couldn’t rearrange the order of the pages by drag and drop. However, Speed Dial has undergone an upgrade a number of changes from its last version.
Have a look at the key changes introduced in Speed Dial from its last version
- It is compatible with Firefox 2
- Now you can drag and drop the thumbnails to relocate
- The Speed Dial button opens in a new tab. For this you need to change the setting. Go to the Speed Dial settings panel, Advanced tab, Other sub-tab and toggle the Open Speed Dial in current tab when using toolbar button option.
- If the number of dials of a dial group is changed the dials get redistributed automatically
- You can use custom fonts and background images for different Dial groups
- The number of rows and columns can be customized per group
- For thumbnail cropping you can apply scaling before the crop
Tags: Browser, Firefox Add-on Speed Dial, Firefox extension, Speed Dial, Speed Dial Updates