The Integration of Google Buzz Makes Gmail SocialBy Dipankar Das, Gaea News Network
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Google Buzz is a Gmail-integrated social networking utility which will be rolled out in the next few days. Buzz is also going to be available for businesses down the road. Using new Gmail tab called Google Buzz, you can share updates, photos, videos, starts a conversation and more. Buzz implements the idea of Social Networking by automatically setting you up to follow the people you email and chat with the most. You can also use the features of Google Buzz with Android based mobile phones as well Apple iPhone.
Our goal is to make Buzz a fully open and distributed platform for conversations. We’re building on a suite of open protocols to create a complete read/write developer API, and we invite developers to join us on Google Code to see what is available today and to learn more about how to participate.
The core features of Buzz are as follows:
- You will be able to access Google Buzz through Gmail. A tab in your mailbox allows you for status updates, photos, links and video. 40 people from your Gtalk and Gchat will be added automatically as your friend . If there is any udpate or comment from your friends, you can see it at your inbox. Anybody can Buzz you by using “@” symbol.
- The picture from Flickr or youTube video will be visible in your Buzz. If you click a Video, it will play online. The pic will show full screen if you click on any pic thumbnail. The pic can also be modified by you. Additionally, You can get update from Tweeter , but, not from Facebook.
- Google Buzz will be available at your mobile as a webapps. When looking on Google Mobile Maps, Buzz updates appear directly on the map, so you can read location-based updates. You will also be able to see any update of the Buzz close to your location.
- Google also considers whether you like or dislike an update and takes a decision whether to show or collapse the updates. Additionally, if there is any discussion outside your group, Google may recommend it to you as a feed to participate in the discussion.
- You have a choice to make your update as public or private. Private update will be visible only in your group of Buzz followers. Public update will be posted at Google Profile page and Google Search Engine will be able to index it.
Tags: Android iPhone, Facebook, Gchat, Google buzz, Google Search, Gtalk, Mobile apps, social network, Twitter, Youtube